Technical Writer (in Paris or SF) - Algolia

Algolia is hiring a technical writer to join our team. Today, the Algolia API and our open source projects are used by more than 2,400 customers and 10,000 developers, designers and product builders.

As a technical writer your mission will be to translate technical specifications into high quality developer focused documentation and ensure that the documentation standards (style, tone of voice and structure) are met across all our documentations
Every user of our documentation, whether they are technical or not, should be able understand the Algolia service and leverage it best.

Responsibilities

• Create technical content that shows developers how to use Algolia and how to get the most out of their Algolia implementations.
  • Review technical content that has been written by other teams like Developers, Solutions Engineers or Developer Evangelists
  • Create guidelines for each type of content to help other team members write quality content on their own
  • Create and maintain a voice and tone guideline
  • Harmonize our content across all our documentation
  • Analyse support tickets to see where the documentation is lacking
  • Help build the technical writers team.
  • Provide feedback on the API, API clients, UI library documentation and products functionalities

Requirements

• Excellent written communication skills (English)
  • Experience writing technical content or explaining technical concepts in blog posts, forums, emails, or other channels.
  • Experience of SaaS/PaaS products

Bonus point

• Love of APIs and experience documenting APIs for fun or profit.
  • Experience in the e-commerce or media industries.
  • Familiarity with SaaS business fundamentals.

Apply here

Hello, I have a question about this position. Would you be open to hire a technical writer who is working remotely? I am located in Cambridge Massachusetts. Or, is this position tied to a particular location (SF)? Thank you, Julia.

The position is open for Paris (France), but we would also consider SF.
I’ll update the title of the post.