Technical Writer - Opto 22, Temecula, California
Here’s why you want this job!
Your super-clear writing and editing skills will make it easier for engineers, technicians, and system integrators worldwide to monitor, control, and get data from real-world sensors and equipment.
You’ll get to work with enthusiastic, friendly, bright people who care about what they do and work together to get things done.
You’ll play with ground-breaking new hardware and software products designed and manufactured here in California for the expanding industrial automation field.
You’ll be a key part of a very small documentation department that sits in Engineering and reports to an unusually technical VP of Marketing.
You’ll maintain existing docs and write a wide variety of new ones: traditional product data sheets and user’s guides, software help files, website content, knowledge base articles, blog posts, even marketing materials.
You’ll be responsible for your own projects from conception through publication and work on several projects at once.
Your ideas about the future of documentation will help shape the future of the company. You’ll help explore new tools and methods for document types and delivery.
You’ll receive excellent benefits, including medical/dental, paid PTO (personal time off), and profit sharing.
You can live in a family-friendly small city in Southern California with affordable housing and excellent schools. Or maybe you already live here and now you won’t have to commute!
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to explain concepts clearly and concisely and to write clear procedures in correct English
- Ability to learn new technical subjects quickly and an interest in learning new things. No fear of hardware; hardware experience desirable.
- Ability to start and complete projects with little or no supervision
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously. Ability to change priorities quickly and without rancor.
- Good eye for layout
- Attention to detail
- Four-year college degree (Bachelor’s or better)
- Minimum two years of technical writing experience
- Some experience with FrameMaker (unstructured)
Desired additional skills:
- Graphics programs such as Photoshop, Snagit, Visio
- Website tools and HTML
- Interest in the future of technical communication
About Opto 22: Opto 22 was founded in 1974 by engineers who developed a better way to build solid-state relays and wanted to build them in a non-corporate, flat organization. Over 40 years later we’re still privately held, lean, and run by engineers. Our flat organization fosters individual responsibility, quick response to customers’ needs, and fast development of cutting-edge products. Learn more about Opto 22 at groov.com and opto22.com.
Please note: This is an onsite position in Temecula, California.
Send your résumé to:
Attn: Human Resources
43044 Business Park Drive
Temecula, CA 92590-3614
Fax: (951) 695-2712
Opto 22 is an equal opportunity employer.