Questions or interested in applying? Email us
Technical Writers at Nexmo help author high-quality developer-focused documentation and work with the Developer Relations team to define and ensure documentation standards (style, tone of voice etc.) are adhered to within Nexmo Developer (developer.nexmo.com). As a technical writer at Nexmo you will work as part of the Developer Relations team to create new content, update and improve existing content, and ensure Nexmo Developer is an amazing resource offering a great developer experience. You’ll be working as part of a remote-first team, however would require you to be in London 2 to 3 days a week.
- Contribute to the technical content strategy with other stakeholders including members of the Developer Relations and Product teams
- Encourage people across the Nexmo organisation and the developer community to contribute to Nexmo Developer
- Translate product technical specifications into developer-enabling documentation
- Integrate developer feedback continuously into your plans and documentation
- Maintain knowledge of communications, APIs and related technologies
- Demonstrate writing best practices and maintain awareness of practices, tooling and trends that our documentation will benefit from
- Work as part of the Developer Relations team to support the Product and Marketing teams and ensure the documentation is in line with the positioning and branding of our Products
- Ensure ease of contribution to Nexmo Developer through providing clear authoring requirements to be implemented within the Nexmo Developer
- Help Nexmo become recognised for excellent developer experience through highly usable and open sourced documentation
- Collaborate with other Nexmo employees and community contributors on documentation
We believe variety helps seed creativity. So, as part of the DevRel team responsibilities may also include:
- Providing feedback on APIs, SDKs, documentation and product functionality
- Individual opinion and insight
- Via discussions with the developer community
- Building and maintain open source code examples and demonstration apps
- Representing Nexmo at events such as Hackathons, Sponsorship booths, Meetups, Conferences, Talks
- Providing support via social channels such as Twitter, StackOverflow the Nexmo Community Slack, and encourage issues to be raised on GitHub
- Supporting early adopters and key customers with integrations
- Creating opportunities for other Nexmo employees to engage with the developer community
- Helping with recruitment through referral of strong technical candidates for roles at Nexmo
- Experience of writing technical documentation for REST/Web APIs
- A software development or engineering experience
- Experience of SaaS/PaaS products
- Knowledge of authoring documentation in Markdown
- Knowledge using of git and GitHub to collaborate with others
- Experience of writing technical documentation for SaaS/PaaS products
- An understanding of Swagger/OpenAPI v3, API Blueprint or RAML
Why Nexmo…our Values!
We value disruptive innovation, getting things done, and working with passion and integrity are the values that matter at Nexmo. We are on a mission to enable simplified communications between enterprises and their customers by empowering our employees. We strive for passion and integrity, both personally and professionally.
We have achieved significant growth by hiring exceptional people. We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self confident, focused on customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. We value those who will help us continue this spirit. If this appeals to you then we encourage you to apply.
For more details visit our jobs page