eMeter is at the heart of the Smart Grid revolution sweeping the globe: every electric, gas, and water meter around the world is being replaced by a “Smart” meter that can measure precisely when and how much energy is consumed. We’re one of two major product portfolios making up the Siemens Digital Grid Software unit, and are the leading provider of software that manages the enormous stream of data and events tracked by these smart meters. Our platform and growing number of apps enable utilities and their customers to lower costs, provide better service, and make smarter energy decisions. In addition, the eMeter platform is being heavily leveraged and enhanced as part of the Siemens-wide Mindsphere IoT platform. We offer technically challenging work, opportunity for growth, an open and collaborative culture, and the chance to make a difference.
We’re looking for a technical writer to join our team at eMeter to develop documentation for our enterprise grid application platform and enterprise software and analytics applications. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience writing product documentation for complex, enterprise software applications for a wide range of audiences.
What You’ll Do:
• Define, create, maintain, and deliver high-quality documentation that empowers our customers and partners to implement, extend, and use eMeter enterprise business applications
• Collaborate with developers, product managers, and solution consultants, to gather and transform technical and functional information
• Write documentation for products developed on an evolving set of technologies, including HBase, Cassandra, Redis, Kafka, Cloud Foundry, and Hadoop
Who You Are:
• Write clear, accurate, and complete technical content with ease
• Grasp technical material quickly
• Understand the documentation needs of developers, administrators, system integrators, and data
• Enjoy working in a variety of environments, whether individually or as part of a team, face-to-face
or remotely, in a fast-paced environment
• Highly motivated with demonstrated ability to take ownership and define work with little direction
• Possess superior native-level written and verbal communication skills in English
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Technical Communication, or related field
• 6+ years of professional technical writing experience
• 3+ years documenting complex enterprise software products for a technical or developer
• Experience writing API documentation
• Experience as a system administrator, support engineer, systems integrator, or developer
• Previous experience in the power or energy domain
• Experience writing documentation for applications that are implemented as micro services
Please contact me at Teresa.Hollidge@siemens.com.
I'm at the Write the Docs conference now - you can find me on Twitter @TeresaHollidge or Slack @thollidge