We’re looking for a writer to help create developer content for the [GitHub Developer Documentation site] (https://developer.github.com/).
This writer will report to the Documentation Team Manager and work cooperatively with the Documentation and Platform teams to document APIs and create guides to showcase the power of the GitHub platform products and tools, tailored to developers at different stages in their careers.
If you’re a patient, compassionate writer who loves crafting innovative, useful reference documentation and usage samples to help developers build software, we really want to hear from you!
This person will be part of our global Support organization, writing content for users around the world. At this time, we’re looking for candidates located in the US or Canada, with legal work authorization in one of those countries.
- Collaborate with the Documentation and Platform teams on planning, developing, and maintaining developer content for the GitHub Platform
- Cooperatively review and edit drafts of developer content with other writers and developers on those teams
- Communicate with Support, Product, and Engineering teams about the user feedback, product changes, and technical product information that inform our documentation
- Working knowledge of HTTP and web requests
- Ability to create high-quality, innovative content for software developers
- Strong developer advocate, especially for those new to a platform
- Ability to compassionately give and receive editorial critique
- Excellent communication skills, especially when working with a distributed team (The Documentation team is currently entirely distributed)
- Strong ability to plan, prioritize, and carry out complex writing projects with high attention to detail along the way
- Located in the US or Canada, with legal work authorization in one of those countries
WHO WE ARE
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over ten million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com, our desktop and mobile apps, and GitHub Enterprise, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write better code, faster.
We have a lot of exciting things to do, and we’re looking for the right people to grow with us!
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN
Working at GitHub is, to put it simply, a special slice of the universe. We’re committed to transparency, collaboration, experimentation, and always staying classy.
Because of this unique perspective, we’ve established one of the most flexible and well designed physical workspaces around that encourages you to work as you work best. Right now, over 60% of our employees are based outside of our San Francisco (SOMA) headquarters and work according to how they get their best stuff done.
Ensuring that GitHubbers are healthy, motivated, focused and creative is how GitHub stays awesome. Part of this is ensuring that our benefits* are out of this world.
In a nutshell, we’ve built and are growing a place where we truly love working, and we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people with many different backgrounds and lifestyles, and we like it that way. We invite applications from people of all stripes. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences that people imagine to discriminate against one another. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s anything we can do to make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate.
*Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask your recruiter!
Interested? We would love to hear more about you and your interest in joining us at GitHub! Just fill out our application [here] (https://jobs.lever.co/github/50ae0fc2-5e32-4e3f-828b-501682abdc5b)!