A job opening for an experienced API writer in Paris. Check out our docs - algolia.com/doc.
Here’s the ad:
Algolia is looking for a Technical Writer to work in Paris and create high-quality documentation for its API and software libraries. You will be working closely with writers as well as software engineers and product managers to produce content for a wide audience.
Our documentation is online and open-sourced. The Algolia API and open source projects are used by more than 3,800 customers and 10,000 developers, designers and product builders.
We are building a team of writers. Algolia relies in great part on its engineers to write technical content. This will not change, but as we grow and diversify our software and client-base, we have more content than writers to produce it. So we are expanding our Tech Writer team.
We rely on our writers to take leadership and ownership of our documentation needs. You will be writing general overviews, detailed guides, reference pages for our API and other software products, tutorials, and code samples. You will also be encouraged to think creatively, to collaborate with product managers, designers, and marketers to help develop content around Algolia’s features, including writing white papers and blogs.
Can you adapt your writing to different kinds of readers? Can you communicate complex material in simple and engaging language? Do you love to write?
Join us and help make documentation as much a part of the Algolia experience as software.
- Create technical content that shows developers how to use Algolia and how to get the most out of their Algolia implementations
- Review technical content that has been written by other teams like Developers, Solutions Engineers or Developer Evangelists
- Create guidelines for each type of content to help other team members write quality content on their own
- Create and maintain a voice and tone guideline
- Harmonize our content across all our documentation
- Analyze support tickets to see where the documentation is lacking
- Help build the technical writers team.
- Provide feedback on the API, API clients, UI library documentation and products functionalities
- Get involved in writing blogs, white papers, and working with our education and marketing teams to generate public content
- Excellent written communication skills (English)
- Experience writing technical content or explaining technical concepts in blog posts, forums, emails, or other channels
- Willing to work in our Paris office
- Love of APIs and experience documenting APIs for fun or profit
- Experience in the e-commerce or media industries
- Familiarity with SaaS business fundamentals