Address Book & Contact Info

I’m in Pittsburgh!

Message me at captainshar@gmail.com or @CaptainShar on Twitter.

My name is Sharon Campbell and I’m the Managing Editor at Heptio. I write and test Linux sysadmin content. I think a lot about helping people write better tech tutorials.

I’m in Pittsburgh. :slight_smile:

Email: writethedocs2015@virdo.name
Twitter: @hazelnut_x

I’m Mike Jang, Senior Technical Writer at ForgeRock. I’m also the organizer of the Write The Docs PDX (Portland) Meetup Group, ref http://www.meetup.com/Write-The-Docs-PDX/.

If you’re in the Portland area, join us for our next Meetup, June 9, at New Relic, when we’ll talk about “When You Should Not Write The Docs”.

mike.jang@forgerock.com / michael@linuxexam.com

I’m in Raleigh NC. Email is burnett@pobox.com, and I’m on Twitter as steveburnett.

Becky Yoose
Discovery and Integrated Systems Librarian, Assistant Professor
Grinnell College, Grinnell IA

Email: b.yoose@gmail.com
Twitter: yo_bj

I am the unofficial librarian of #writethedocs (or at least that is what Eric keeps telling me ;c) )

Hello! I’m Kimli from Vancouver, BC. I’m a Technical Writer in the Engineering Department at Hootsuite.

Email: kimli@deliciousjuice.com
Twitter: kimli
Everything else: kimli

I’m in Portland! writingweb@gmail.com or @writingweb on Twitter.

I’m in Eugene, OR, where I work remotely as a freelance tech writer, mostly for Drupal shops. Hit me up for a beer, if you’re ever in town!

twitter - @OBrienEditorial / email -kobrien042@gmail.com

Hiya!

I’m Ealasaid Haas, and I live in Portland, OR. I’m a tech writer for Adaptive Insights - I was their first and only tech writer for a while (which, after 8 years of support and marketing writing the doc was something of a brownfield situation) but we now have a teeny little team.

Email: ealasaidh@gmail.com
Twitter: ealasaid

Hi! I’m Aprill Allen and I live in Melbourne, Australia. I’m watching #writethedocs on twitter and YouTube. I’m a former IT support person, now IT marketer and knowledge management consultant.

email: aprill@knowledgebird.com
twitter: knowledgebird

Hi! I’m Mo Nishiyama, straight outta Portland Oregon. I’m a tech writer at Oregon Health & Science University.

Twitter: @synthcat

I’m James Pyles, technical writer at Kount (www.kount.com) in Boise, ID.

Email: james.pyles@gmail.com or
Twitter: @jamespyles
Blog: A Million Chimpanzees blogspot

I’m E. Foley and I write customer-facing docs for Fugue. (http://fugue.it)

Twitter: @qthecocker (mostly stuff about my dogs)
Instagram: @qthecocker (ditto)
Email: e@luminal.io

Hi there! I’m Renée Rendon, technical writer at Rackspace in San Antonio, Texas.

This was my first Write the Docs conference, and I enjoyed it tremendously! Hope to stay in touch.

Email: renee.rendon@rackspace.com
LinkeIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/reneerendon

FYI, I think we have a substantial group of attendees on the following Twtiter list, https://twitter.com/yo_bj/lists/write-the-docs

Thanks for posting the list @mikejang! All, please ping me if you want to be added to the list. I tried to capture as many folks as possible from the Twitter chatter, but I’m aware that I might have missed some folks.

Hi folks! I’m Torrey Podmajersky, UX writer at Microsoft. Reach me by email at torreyp@microsoft.com, or on Twitter @torreybird.

Glad to have met so many of you! :smiley:

Hi everyone! I’m a writer for a software company in Denver. End-user docs, using Word and Doc-to-Help. That should get your attention. :smile:

michelle.despres@gmail.com
@mdespres
linkedin.com/in/michelledespres

Hey y’all! Konnichiwa! (I’m a woman of many backgrounds). I’m Kay Miles, a staff technical writer at National Instruments at Austin, TX.

Email: kay.miles@ni.com
Twitter: @milesfiles
NI tech writer website: austin.weekinthelife.net

Hi all! I’m Johanne Lavallée, tech witer in Quebec City for a company in construction that builds variable message signs, light towers that do not run on diesel, arrow signs, I do all the docs and love to help with Word.

castafiore2001@hotmail.com
@castafiore2001
wordagile.blogspot.com (being translated from french)